Numerical filing is a method in which files and folders are arranged in order of number. All files and folders are classified and given separate numbers. In this type of filing system, alphabetical index is required. It includes name, address, phone number, subject and other information along with file number.
- It is easy to understand and use
- It is very efficient
- Separate index can be easily developed using numbers
- It is suitable for large offices having large number of files and folders
- Initial setup is time-consuming
- It is more expensive to maintain.
- Separate alphabetical index is required
- It is not suitable for small organizations